Job Duties Include but not limited to:
- Assist in daily hatchery operations;
- Assist with biological activities: WQ, spawning, larval rearing, and seed grow-out/grading;
- Assist with general maintenance, expansion of hatchery, and repairs;
- Direct operations of hatchery in absence (and under the guidance) of hatchery manager;
- Diving lease for site surveys;
- WQ monitoring;
- Seed deployment and harvesting;
- Population and recruitment monitoring;
- Harvesting for order fulfillment;
- Splitting bags, desiccating cages/bags, sorting;
- Fleet and equipment maintenance;
- Must be self-motivated and possess desire to succeed;
- Schedule will consist of needs based on overall success of the company;
- Cooperatively work with all team members to achieve combined goals of success for Pensacola Bay Oyster Company, Pensacola Bay Oyster Hatchery, and The Oyster Restoration Company & Hatchery as a whole;
- Effectively manage time by identifying and prioritizing duties to meet all established priorities;
- Responsive to emergencies, available to work weekends and holidays as needed, and passionate about growing an aquaculture business;
- Opportunity for ground-floor growth with innovative, start-up company.
Applicant Qualifications: B.S. in Aquaculture, Marine Biology, or related concentration; Min. 2 years of experience working in a hatchery or applicable field work involving oyster ecology; M.S. acceptable substitute for work experience.
The Pensacola Bay Oyster Hatchery Assistant Manager is a full time salary position based on but not limited to 40hrs/wk.
- Annual Salary $30,000,
- Eligible for annual bonuses based on production quotas, Three Month Probationary Period, PTO as production schedule allows and as approved by COO.
To apply please email your resume and/or CV to email@example.com.