|Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.|
Basic Qualification Requirements for Ecology series, 0408
Degree: biology, or a related field of science underlying ecological research that included at least 30 semester hours in basic and applied biological sciences. These hours must have included at least 9 semester hours in ecology, and 12 semester hours in physical and mathematical sciences. Basic Qualification Requirements for Soil Science series, 0470
1. Degree: soil science or a closely related discipline that included 30 semester hours or equivalent in biological, physical, or earth science, with a minimum of 15 semester hours in such subjects as soil genesis, pedology, soil chemistry, soil physics, and soil fertility. -OR- 2. Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in soil science or a related discipline that included at least 30 semester hours in the biological, physical, or earth sciences. At least 15 of these semester hours must have been in the areas specified in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. Additional Requirements: In addition to meeting the basic requirements for one of the series described above, applicants must also meet additional qualification requirements as stated below.
GS-12: Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree directly related to the duties of the position (i.e. ecology, agroecology, or soil science) OR 1 year of specialized experience (defined below) equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service OR a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience.
GS-13: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience (defined below) equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized Experience:
Specialized experience is experience directly related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience must be described for each grade level advertised. The specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-12 level are: * Conducting research related to ecology, agroecology, soils, carbon cycling, or nutrient cycling;
* Performing data collection to model cycling of carbon (C), nitrogen (N), or phosphorus (P), or interactions within ecological communities; AND
* Publishing research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals related to ecology, agroecology, soils, carbon cycling, or nutrient cycling. The specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-13 level are: * Planning and conducting independent research related to ecology, agroecology, soils, carbon cycling, or nutrient cycling;
* Collecting and analyzing soil, manure, or crop samples and using data to model soil health, cycling of carbon (C), nitrogen (N), or phosphorus (P), or interactions within agroecological communities;
* Experience with or understanding of forage or row crop production, soil fertility, rumen and soil microbial communities, feed ration and milk production metrics, and manure management systems; AND
* Publishing research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals related to ecology, agroecology, soils, or carbon or nutrient cycling and management. Applicants must be available to report for duty at the time a selection is made. Selections are typically made within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
For more information and to apply go to https://www.usajobs.gov:443/GetJob/ViewDetails/578461300