|Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below. |
GS-12: Applicants must demonstrate at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or possess an equivalent combination of graduate level education and experience. Graduate education must be directly related to the work of the position and must have equipped applicants with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Specialized experience is experience directly related to the position to be filled. The specialized experience requirements for the GS-12 level of this position are: - Experience in toxicology, insect biology, insecticide chemistry, insect physiology, pest management, and developing and utilizing bioassays for entomological research.
- Experience in identifying new targets that can be exploited for development of insecticides with alternative modes of action
- Experience in conducting research to develop products, processes and applications for methods to suppress pest populations.
- Experience in publishing research in peer reviewed scientific journals related on interface of insect toxicology, physiology, ecology, and pest management.
GS-13: Applicants must demonstrate at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience directly related to the position to be filled. The specialized experience requirements for the GS-13 level of this position are: - Experience in evaluating acute and chronic toxicity of commonly used insecticides and their impacts on pest and beneficial insects, non-target organisms, and the environment.
- Experience in identify new targets that can be exploited for development of insecticides with alternative modes of action.
- Experience identifying mechanisms of insecticide resistance for insect populations with variable susceptibilities and develop alternative control approaches.
- Experience conducting and reporting individual and team research on interface of insect toxicology, pest management, and/or control of pests with insecticides and transgenic crops.
- Experience collaborating with multiple organizations and interacting with stakeholders.
- Experience in publishing research in peer reviewed scientific journals related on interface of insect toxicology, physiology, ecology, and pest management. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer wrk helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To further support your qualifications, it is strongly recommended that you submit a one-page abstract of your MS thesis and/or Ph.D. dissertation. Failure to do so could result in loss of your consideration/referral. Also, please submit a list of names, addresses, and phone numbers of persons familiar with your stature, contributions, recognition; any honors or awards received; memberships in professional or honor societies; invitations to make presentations at scientific/technical meetings; scientific society office and committee assignments; presentations (other than invitation); and publications. Applicants must be available to report for duty at the time a selection is made. Selections are typically made within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
For more information and to apply go to https://www.usajobs.gov:443/GetJob/ViewDetails/580880400